How to perform a clean install of Minecraft or other launchers?
Most launchers have their directory located in a folder called "Roaming". You can access this folder by multiple ways and here is one of them:
- Press Windows Key + R then type in: %appdata% and press "OK"
- Look for folder with "." (dot) infront of folder name
- Most launchers use their name as folder name (Example: .minecraft), (Example: .Technic),...
- Open launcher folder & backup all needed files (save games, versions, textures,...)
- Remove all remaining content of folder & place back saved files
- Open launcher and give it few minutes to download needed files
- After download is complete you can play the game.
If you couldn't find a directory of your launcher, go to launcher settings it's usually listed as "Game directory" or "Directory".