How to install forge mods?
Text tutorial on how to install forge mods.
- First, make sure to run the version of Minecraft on which you want to install mods to at least once.
- Go to Forge site and select version which you need (example: 1.10.2)
- Select version you want to use"Universal" (.jar file) or "Installer-win" (.exe file)
- The file will start downloading after you skip one official ad (there is button in top right corner that say "Skip ad")
- After download is complete, open the file.
- Installation window will appear, simply hit "Ok", after installation is done message will appear that should say (Successfully installed,..) if show error you probably haven't download version of game before.
- Press Windows Key + R then type in: %appdata%\.minecraft and press "OK"
- As folder opens create new folder called "mods"
- Open folder mods and drag & drop your Forge mods inside
- Now open your launcher, go to Edit profile and from version list select version "Release *.*.* Forge*.*.*"
(Example: Release 1.10.2 Forge1.10.2)
- Click Save profile and play the game.
If this tutorial is to hard for you, watch one of following videos, it show same steps: