How to install non forge mods?
Text tutorial on how to install non-forge.
- Press Windows Key + R then type in: %appdata%\.minecraft and press "OK"
- As Minecraft folder open go to folder named versions, select version you want to modify
- Copy & paste selected folder in same the directory and rename it to random name (In our case we will call it mods)
- Open folder and rename all files to name you selected (in this example "mods")
- Use text editor to open file "mods.json" (You can use Notepad on Windows)
- In .json file there is line ("id": "1.10",) (1.10 is example in your case might be different), change "1.10" to name selected before
- Now file should look like ("id": "mods",) make sure not to remove any ":, symbols!
- Save the file and close text editor.
- Now open .jar file with Winrar, 7zip,... (in this case mods.jar)
- Inside .jar file remove folder called META-INF
- Open your mod file (use winrar/7zip), select all files and drag them to modified .jar file ("mods.jar" in this case)
- As replacing is done close winrar, 7zip,...
- Open your Minecraft launcher, go to Edit profile and select version from versions list (in this case "mods")
- Save profile and play game :)
If this tutorial is to hard for you, watch following video, it show same steps: Video Tutorial