How to run .jar Minecraft launcher on Windows?
- Right click on .jar file
- Click "Properties"
- In Properties panel look for "Opens with:"
- Click "Change..."
- Click "Browse..."
- Scroll to the bottom and click "More apps"
- Scroll down again and select "Look for another App on this PC"
- In folder navigate to following location:
- Windows 32 bit: C:\Program Files\Java
- Windows 64 bitC:\Program Files(x86)\Java
- Inside java folder there might be multiple folders with names like: "jre1.8.0_60", look for latest version and double click it.
- Navigate to bin folder and select application named javaw.exe (example: C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_60\bin\javaw.exe)
- Click Apply and Ok
- Now you can run any .jar file on your Windows!
On Windows XP, Vista, 7:
On Windows 8, 8.1 and 10: